Creating an Agreement
ProofPort has two types of documentation:
- Public Proof and Supporting Data
- Proof or Supporting Data By Agreement
Public Proof or Supporting Data - Proof or Supporting Data that can be collected by anyone with a ProofPort account
Proof or Supporting Data By Agreement - Proof or Supporting Data requiring an Agreement with the Provider of a Solution to collect Proof of Compliance or Supporting Data for that Solution
This article will focus on the steps to acquire Proof or Supporting Data By Agreement.
How do I know if I need an Agreement to collect Proof or Supporting Data?
Any time an "Agreement Required" notice like the one below appears on a Solution Profile in the Directory, you will be required to create an Agreement with the Provider of the Solution in order to view specific pieces of Proof or Supporting Data.
Any Proof or Supporting Data requiring an Agreement from the Solution's Provider will also have an "Agreement Required" tag next to it in the Directory, instead of a green "Collect" button like those next to Public Proof or Supporting Data.
How do I start an Agreement?
- First, click the red "Configure Agreement" button on the Solution Profile
- You will now see a "Configure Agreement" modal confirming you would like to request to sign an Agreement with the Provider of the Solution. Click on the green "Start Agreement Request" button to continue.
- Then, you'll arrive at a New Agreement form to fill out to your preferences.
- When you are done filling out the form, click "Request Agreement" at the bottom of the form to send an Agreement Request to the Solution Provider. Once you have sent your Agreement Request to the Provider for approval, you'll receive an email notification when there is a response from them.