Publish a Company Profile
What is a Company Profile?
A Company Profile is the main source of information about your Company in the ProofPort Directory. If you explore Solutions in the Directory, you will see that every Solution Profile links back to a Company Profile. Therefore, we always publish Company Profiles first, so we have a main information source about your Company to link Solutions back to.
Where do I find a Company Profile?
To find a Company Profile, you can click on any tile in the Directory (every tile in the Directory represents a Solution Profile), then click the blue "View Company Profile" button to see the Company Profile of the Company that provides that Solution.
How do I create and publish a Company Profile?
- First, go to the Directory page. In the Directory, search for the name of your Company. If a tile appears with the name of one of your Solutions on it, click the tile. If you can find no tiles that have your Company or Solution name(s) on them, skip down to the "What if my Company isn't in the Directory?" section below.
- Once you arrive at the Solution Profile, take a look at the data on that page to ensure it in in fact representing a Solution your Company provides.
- Next, click the blue "View Company Profile" button on the right-hand side of the page to view the Company Profile.
- Once again, you should examine the data on this page to make sure that this is indeed your Company.
- Then, click the green "Claim this Company" button on the left-hand side of the Company Profile to claim ownership of the Company Profile and its related Solution Profiles.
- You will see a modal appear, confirming that you want to take ownership of the profiles - click the "Claim and Register this Company" button on the modal to confirm.
Bingo! Now you have the ability to edit and publish all the Solutions Profiles and the Company Profile you claimed ownership of! Go to your Publishing page and click the edit icons to edit, and once you're happy with your updated profiles, you can publish those new versions to the Directory!
What if my Company isn't in the Directory?
Great question! If you've searched the Directory and your Company Profile or Solution Profiles don't seem to be there, head back over to your Publishing page.
- On the Publishing page, click the green "Create a New Company" button near the top of the page.
- Next, fill out the basic information form about your Company. The information you use for this form in the information that will appear in your Company Profile for ProofPort, so make sure it's up-to-date!
- Note: Don't worry, you will be able to edit this information whenever you wish to.
- Then, click the "Create and Publish Now" button at the bottom of the form to publish the Company Profile to the Directory immediately, or click "Save New Company and Exit" if you want to save your progress and publish to the Directory later.
Once you have published your Company Profile, it will be visible to anyone using the ProofPort Directory.